Ep. 43: Dree Mon - Singer, Songwriter
I’m chatting with singer, songwriter, Dree Mon. Now, when you hear Dree Mon’s music it’s not what you typically think of when you hear the words “singer, songwriter”. Her style is described as “70s disco funk meets 90s R&B with a modern twist”. And her debut single Rebel Soul, along with the most fun video, is out now. And you can hear Rebel Soul end of this show!
After eight years in the music business, it was time for a rebrand, and Dree was up for the challenge! In this episode we talk about working with a publicist, how you can't just create art and expect things to start to happen in your career, and the importance of consistency. There's a lot of good stuff here, and I can't wait for you to hear it, but first...
I asked Dree to send me some fun facts to help you guys get to know her a little better. Here's what she sent:
1. While I've been involved with music for 8 years I've only been playing an instrument for 2 (guitar).
2. At one point in my life I owned 9 birds!
3. I like to do yoga or a spin class on show dates, helps to clear my head.
4. I get the best song-spiration when I'm in the car driving.
5. Tried to unsuccessfully go vegan this year, but at this point, I am settling for the title of "Selectatarian".
And my friends, here's Dree Mon's latest video. If this doesn't get you pumped, nothing will! https://youtu.be/6KcRW8shG6k
And now, without further ado, here is my chat with Dree Mon:
HELP PROMOTE HER PROCESS:
If you like what you heard, please hop over to iTunes, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify or YouTube to subscribe and leave a review...or some stars, or a thumbs up. The more reviews, the greater chance more listeners will find the show and be inspired by the amazing artists I get to chat with here on Her Process.