Ep. 31: Leah Capelle - Musician
In this episode I’m chatting with musician, Leah Capelle.
I asked Leah about the importance of vocal training, and guys, I have to say, her answer was fascinating! You’ll want to hear this…it’s really cool and might change the way you listen to and look at your favorite vocalists.
Leah is an artist who is very business savvy. In fact, she’s studying the business and legal aspects of the music industry at USC to be able to help herself, and maybe even help others. Talk about a great left brain, right brain balance!
And I especially loved listening to Leah talk about her latest song, and how it really came together once she brought it to her band. She let us in on the process of bringing this song to life, from start to finish, and she really illustrated the inner workings of a musician and her band.
We also talked about the importance of doing a music video, and the importance of audio, audio visual, and social media for today’s artists.
And just how do musicians make money from their music these days? And what’s the future of the music industry? We pondered these things.
After our chat, I asked Leah to email me a few fun facts about herself. Here's what she sent:
Fun facts, in no particular order:
- My favorite animal is a moose
- I collect crystal figurines
- I love going hiking and camping
- My favorite book is The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
- I have three tattoos (and have designs/ideas for more!)
- I was raised on pizza and steak & potatoes
- I have two kitties (Harper and Marty) who are my literal children
- One of my favorite movies is Zoolander, and I know most of the script by heart
- I hate cooking but love eating
- I prefer whisky to vodka, but prefer gin to rum, but prefer rum to tequila, but prefer tequila as shots ;) (maybe don't include that, but it's true)
Of course I had to leave in that last fun fact because it's pretty funny and well thought out, and very Leah!
I hope you enjoy listening to our chat as much as I enjoyed recording it.
Get tickets for Leah's show at Hotel Café on 3/8/17 HERE!
Help promote her Process:
If you like what you heard, please hop over to iTunes, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, or YouTube to subscribe and leave a review...or some stars, or a thumbs up. The more reviews, the greater chance more listeners will find the show and be inspired by the amazing artists I get to chat with here on Her Process.